Corporate Social Responsibility Program Guidelines
Abbot Point Operations (APO) is delivering on its mission and commitment to Grow Local through strategic partnerships across the local region.
APO’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program provides significant funding each year to community groups, organisations and initiatives in the Whitsunday Regional Council communities of Bowen and Collinsville. Since 2017, more than $1.2 million has been awarded under the program.
With a focus on education, health, community wellbeing and youth opportunities, the program draws on annual consultation with community stakeholders to determine issues, challenges and priorities.
To secure funding through the APO CSR program, applicant organisations will need to outline the following:
- Project or program description
- Geographical community of interest
- Alignment with our focus areas
- Preferentially, not for profit status
- The organisational capability required to execute the project
Applications will need to demonstrate the following:
- Measurable community involvement and/or benefit
- Developing community capacity and capability
- An ability to obtain financial support from other groups
- A willingness to report on outcomes
- A willingness to acknowledge APO’s support
Support will generally not be provided to those organisations and initiatives which are:
- For profit organisations that are without clear community connections
- Organisations that discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity or lifestyle
- Religious or political activities
- Individual support
- Advocacy or lobbying
- Projects or programs that would ordinarily be fully funded by any level of Government
It should be noted that not every application that meets the assessment criteria will necessarily receive a grant. Nor will it be possible for APO to support all initiatives. We acknowledge the efforts made in these applications and thank all applicants for their interest.